Sunday 1 July 2012

Pre Prayer Project nerves!

Starting the Prayer Project tomorrow at Bishopthorpe Methodist Church.
Why?
  • Initially because I have to do a Pioneer Project as part of my MA.
  • But also, because I am really excited about how we can make prayer (and God) accessible to people.
I don't know how it will go, I am both nervous and excited at the prospect of whatever tomorrow will bring. It's happening in the morning between 9 am and 12 noon - no -one may turn up, there may be one, there may be more, who knows? It will be in the vestry next to the Hall which is full of people coming each week to the Quench cafe.

The plan is to provide creative ways for people to explore prayer each week for twelve weeks and tomorrow I will have three different stations. I want people to feel comfortable in giving this a go but recognise that the hardest thing for many will be actually coming through the door. Does vestry = Sacred Space and hall = Secular Space even though it is all church?

More tomorrow after the event.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that all goes well. Thank you for giving God this opportunity to reach out through you xxx

    ReplyDelete