Sunday 1 July 2012

Week 2 - being moulded and shaped

The second week of 'The Station' involved three activities, one of which asked individuals to create a shape with a pipe cleaner which would represent a person or situation, for example, shaping it into the initial of a person's first name who they wanted to remember before God. A simple yet profound exercise. People wrestled with trying to master the practicalities of how to represent that person or situation, and also with who or what they should remember in prayer. Some of the participants created something which looked quite remarkable from just a few coloured pipecleaners fastened together.


The Psalmist says, "You are the one who put me together inside my mother's body, and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me. Everything you do is marvellous! Of this I have no doubt. Nothing about me is hidden from you! I was secretly woven together deep in the earth below, but with your own eyes you saw my body being formed." (The Bible - Contemporary English Version)

Engagement with the activity resulted in some conversations about who individuals wanted to pray for but was also a reminder that, in the same way that God formed and created us, wove us together and continues to love and watch over us, we too as Christians are called to hold the concerns of the world before God in pray - our pipecleaner people and places.

No comments:

Post a Comment